Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Anzacs...

I made a quick batch of Anzac Biscuits this morning. I used treacle and 1/2 brown sugar as I didn't have golden syrup and enough white sugar. Best batch I've turned out in a long time. Crunchy yet chewy at the same time.....my waist line is expanding daily!
*
I once made a batch of these for my sister and she rang and said she had a complaint about my Anzacs! They were too big to fit into her mug so she couldn't dunk them! Cheeky!
*
ANZAC BISCUITS
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup plain flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup coconut
2 tblspn golden syrup (or treacle)
125 gms butter
1 1/2 tspn bicarb soda
2 tblspn boiling water
*
Pre-heat oven to 190C - you need a nice hot oven.
*
Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Melt butter & golden syrup in a separate small bowl. Add carb soda and boiling water - stir together, it should fizz up.
Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
*
Drop spoonfuls of mixture onto paper lined trays. If you want nice round biscuits, roll the mixture into balls then squash flat. Bake for around 7 minutes then rotate trays around for even browning. Bake a further 3-4 minutes until dark golden brown.
Remove from trays to cooling racks immediately.
*
Make a cup of tea, sit and enjoy!
Do you dunk your biscuits??
*
Nice to start the week on a Tuesday after a long weekend. Have a good week, won't you,
*
- Joolz

2 comments:

  1. She could have broken them in half to dunk them. Sometimes I like to dunk, depends on how I feel. Do you like chewy or crisp Anzacs??
    Me, I like them both ways. If I make some biscuits they generally last a couple of days unless I hide them and dole them out one by one :)
    take care
    Pip

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't eat biscuits unless I can dunk them....just not the same if they aren't dunked in a lovely cup of tea!! ...chewy Anzacs are the best.....!! I haven't made biscuits in a while...your post made me think I should ...and soon...yum!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.