Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My hero...


I clicked on Tatersmama's blog this morning and what I read made me cry (and I don't think that was her intention because it was mostly about a frittata! - read the comments too). A child in crisis, placed into emergency care. So dirty and unkempt that the bath water had to be changed 4 times. My God, we live in Australia, not a third world country! I was just so sad for that poor kid, knowing that she had to live like that. She is safe for the moment and we can thank Tatersmama for that - my hero for today! Thank you, Katie!
~

You will find as you look back
upon your life that the moments
when you have really lived,
are the moments where
you have done things
in the spirit of love...

-Henry Drummond

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Joolz


6 comments:

  1. That is very sad. You see that in the US too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Joolz. You know, we are blessed to be her friend. And I was blessed by you to recognize her in such perfect way. You are the sweetest person. Thanks for checkin' in on me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate is most certainly a very good carer of little people. They are indeed lucky to have her in their lives.

    I have only just caught up on that post today.

    I clean houses now instead of daycare and you would not believe the state of some of the houses! (rentals) I spent 15 hours last week cleaning one, that's how dirty it was and there had been children living there. When doing daycare I did see quite a bit of that sort of thing going on...sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joolz. I have an award for you here:

    http://remotetreechanger.blogspot.com/2010/03/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a horrible story. I'll go over to Tatersmama's blog now and read the story.

    Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog earlier this week after Tom's accident. I really appreciated them.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omigosh! Thank you, Joolz, and what a sweet tribute this is!
    I dunno, but I would like to think that anyone would do what I do.
    These are "our" kids, after all, and they all deserve love and care - even if we can only provide it for moments at a time.

    You're such a sweetheart!!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.