Friday, March 26, 2010

Teriyaki Chicken Skewers and Oaty Cookies

I think it was one night last week that I made these chicken skewers. Very easy and tasty. I made a dish of baked rice to go with it.
~
CHICKEN TERIYAKI SKEWERS
First, soak some bamboo skewers in water (to prevent burning if you are BBQing)
2 tblspn rice wine
4 tblspn soy sauce
2 tblspn mirin
1 tblspn caster sugar
1 tspn minced ginger
500gms chicken thigh fillets, trimmed of fat and 2cm cubed
~
Thread chicken onto skewers and place in a lidded container suitable for marinading. Mix all other ingredients and pour over chicken. Let marinade for about half an hour. Either grill or fry in a lightly greased frypan.
~
BAKED RICE
1 cup white/brown rice
1/2 capsicum, finely diced
1/2 cup corn kernels
1/2 cup green peas
1/2 cup zucchini, diced
1 small onion, diced
2 cups of salt reduced chicken stock
1 tspn curry powder
pepper to taste
~
Place all ingredients in a small baking dish, sprayed with cooking oil. Stir to combine all ingredients then cover with foil. Bake for approx. 30 minutes until stock has been absorbed and vegetables and rice is tender. Serve with Teriyaki Chicken Skewers.
~
~
I made a batch of these Oaty Cookies this morning. Lucy at Attic24 makes these cookies nearly every day for snacks for her family - there is a printable recipe here. I used dried cranberries (Craisins) but you could use raisins, mixed fruit, dates or dried apricots.
~
It's Friday in my part of the world. Tonight Angus and I are off to a Photographic Art Show so I am sure I will come away inspired to get out there and take some great photos. I might even enter next year, who knows?
~
Cheers - Joolz

4 comments:

  1. All those look delicious and I am going to make the baked rice for dinner tonight.
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Num, num, num, I am soooo hungry now. Enjoy the art show, I reckon you will come away with a heap of ideas for different photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they look so GOOD! Thanks for sharing Joolz, will try these very soon.

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummo Joolz !
    Dont you just love Attic 24 ! I saw this recipe ,but havent tried it yet,maybe over Easter.
    I must say,I think your family photos are great! Lol...they're the ones you will look back on and have a great giggle about :0)

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.