Monday, December 27, 2010

Gifts given and received...

For the first time this year, my girls exchanged hand/home made gifts. Brianna (17) sewed a make-up wrap for Kirby (she used the tutorial here but made it slightly bigger - this is a really cute blog too!)...
~
~
... and Kirby (20) home tie-dyed two tank tops for Brianna! How cool is that!
~
~
Unwrapping gifts on Christmas morning...
~
I have 4 sisters and for the last few years we have been exchanging gifts with a theme. It started off with paper in 2007 ( I have to hunt down some pics) then material in 2008 then round and shiny in 2009 and this year the theme was garden...
~
I potted up a terracotta herb pot with oregano, basil, chives and parsley (in the holes) and added a petunia, a vinca (like impatiens) and a strawberry seedling in the top.
~
Marilyn gave me a chilli plant, gardening gloves and scissors...
~
Janine gave me this concrete stepping stone and cute bird...
~
Sue gave me this potted plant and wrought iron pot holder...
~
... and Leanne gave me these garden goodies - calendar, garden bag, mozzie repellant sticks, scissors, kneeling pad and leaf scooper and a garden gnome who was AWOL for the picture! Aren't they all cool presents???
~
It's my turn to think of a theme and I have decided I'd like a recipe book from each of them. Ten mains, salads, desserts, cakes or slices and 10 hints/tips. They've all be married over 30 years so they should be able to come up with some good tried and true recipes.
~
Do you exchange gifts with a theme? It is fun!
~
Cheers - Joolz

7 comments:

  1. What a GREAT idea! Methinks I might inteoduce this idea to our family for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great are those gifts!
    Such a cute idea to do a theme gift giving.....Love the garden goodies....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done to your girls! Lovely gifts!

    Love the themed gifts too. You guys are full of brilliant ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice to see the girls making gifts........
    love the present theme idea too......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a theme is a great idea! We haven't ever had a theme. Might be worth doing next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't you got clever girls? Handmade is great, and thrifty.
    And how smart to have a theme.

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas. Tom and I decided this year that we are going to try and do a homemade Christmas with store bought gifts from Santa, I guess I better start planning that now. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.