Sunday, January 16, 2011

Important goods...

Here are the 22 Shoes Boxes of Love I packed up and took to Adelaide on behalf of myself, Zoe, Ebony, Louise & Mel. Kirby had one waiting to add to the pile. The drop off point was not open over the weekend so Kirby will get them to Kimberley in the next day or so. I rang and spoke to Kimberley (from SoL) and she apologized for not being able to receive them but that they had been inundated with boxes and it had taken them quite by surprise at how many they had got in just over 4 days. Anyhow, YAY! These boxes will be trucked to Queensland in early February and given to people affected by this terrible crisis.
Added: Kirby dropped the boxes off to Kimberley on Tues. 19th Jan - Job done! :)
~
While in Adelaide, we visited the Gilles St Markets. Above are some vintage goodies - rings made from Scrabble tiles - Brianna bought a B, - and dominoes.
~
Assorted brooches and earrings
~
Treasures galore
~
Beautiful vintage jewelry pieces
~
Cute little felt boots for kids
~
Some lovely vintage vanity sets
~
A few knock-offs
~
Yummy floral sundresses
(all pics taken on my E71 Nokia - quite pleased!)
~
It was nice to catch up with Kirby, even though we were in Adelaide just less than 24 hours. We will be back again next week (for a bit longer!) so that will be cool.
~
Cheers - Joolz

5 comments:

  1. Hello Joolz,

    It is good that the shoe boxes have been a success. I have some friends that are doing this too, they are also raising money by other means for the flood victims. I am sure there will be many happy Queenslander's when they receive their gifts.

    Good work Joolz.

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice that you have made up the Shoe Boxes of Love. I am sure they will be greatly appreciated.

    Much of that vintage jewelry looks like what I inherited from my mother. Just beautiful.

    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! That's an amazing amount of shoeboxes. I think it's such a special thing to be able to do for the flood affected people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shoe boxes are just beautiful.
    It is people like yourself that makes Australia the amazing country it is :0)
    Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad they've had plenty of support with the shoe boxes. You sure have a lot in your car. Little things like that mean a lot for the person whose experienced such trauma.

    I've never been to the Gilles Street markets. It looks like my kinda thing. Will have to check it out next time we're in Adelaide.

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.