Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cross stitching with Mr Darcy...

A very lazy Sunday spent here. I got up at 7am because the corellas were making a racket
outside (as usual) and I had a reasonably early night so no probs there. I like the quiet of the house in the morning. Two cups of coffee later and I decided it was time to start cross stitching. I finished the first square on the second row and worked my way across. Then I did the two pink triangles on the right end of the top row and the brown design in the middle. Lots of progress today! While stitching this afternoon, I watched/listened to Pride & Prejudice - I can't watch with my glasses then stitch with them off - so I sort of took it in turns. Everytime Mr Darcy was on, I watched with my glasses! Lol!
~
Roast pork a la Gus (in the old Weber kettle bbq) tonight with roast potato, pumpkin, carrot and peas. Yum!
~
Ooh, I forgot to mention he has stuffed the pork loin with prunes, apple, orange zest, ground coriander garlic and macadamia nuts....
~
Cheers - Joolz

11 comments:

  1. Oh yes, Mr. Darcy lol. The cross stitch is looking beautiful Julie. I love the details. I did a couple of small ones when we were first married, and really enjoyed it. I'll look forward to seeing your finished product. (Actually I remember the patience I needed just for the small ones, not long after I switched to long stitch ;-).

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks good........you have got lots done

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking so BEAUTIFUL! I want to do one! Maybe I should have a few finishes first!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thats gorgeous, i love the colours!!!!
    Cant wait to see it finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Pride and Prejudice! I often watch/listen to it. Your stitching is looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very pretty! What a lovely way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pork sounds delish. We had a boned leg of lamb stuffed with roasted garlic, feta, and basil leaves twas divine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm hungry reading that and it isn't even tea time yet. Your cross stitch is coming along nicely, I do the same with my glasses, off for the sewing then back on to watch tv (or the good parts at least)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a perfect Sunday, your crossstitch is looking great. That pork sounds so good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Which one did you watch? Have you seen Persauasion? I love that one too!!! I have been knitting and doing the same thing, I also have an embroidery going as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mr Darcy. a beautiful cross stitch and roast pork !
    BLISS

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.