Sunday, May 29, 2011

Cherry Shortbreads & Monte Creams...

These are Brianna's favourite biscuits. The recipe is in the Family Circle 'Cooking - a common sense guide' as Melting Moments (see pic at bottom). This is a really good book and has all the essential "how to's" for general cooking. I have already bought a copy for each of my girls to give them when they get married.
~
180 gms butter, softened
1/3 cup icing sugar
1 tspn vanilla
1/3 cup cornflour
1 cup plain flour + a bit
100 gms glace cherries
~
Cream butter, vanilla & icing sugar together until pale and creamy.. Stir in both flours to make a soft dough. I place my dough in a piping bag and pipe the biscuits onto a lined tray. You could also roll them into balls then squash flat. Add a cherry to the centre and bake for approx. 12-15 minutes until just golden.
~
Then I turned my hand to Monte Creams which I got from Sue's blog and I have just realised that they are on the adjacent page to my Melting Moments in the same book! - wow these are so sweet that one is more than enough! Very yummy though!

~
If you'd like a good basic cook book this is the one - it explains all cooking terms plus it has a meat/chicken/seafood/vegetable identification chart, freezing guide and every basic recipe imaginable. If your mum cooked it, it's probably in this book!
~
Cheers - Joolz

4 comments:

  1. Oh, goodness, that looks yummy! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great cook Joolz, the talent shines through...When is your cookbook being released lol?

    Those biccies are looking delicious...

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
  3. please save me some...........

    Gill

    I have those recipes in my Be-Ro book I think

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look lovely--I'll just have to google how to convert 180 grams of butter to the equilvalent in cups--also the cherries! Wonder if I could use this dough in my cookie press.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.