Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fruit salad and Chow Mein Pasties...

This is my 5-minute fruit salad that I had for breakfast. Finely cut up 1 apple, orange, kiwi fruit, banana and 5 strawberries (f you have them) and add the pulp of one passionfruit. Delicious with cereal and skim milk.
~
Chicken Chow Mein Pasties

I have made and posted these before but I thought as I was making a batch to take to our city girl, I'd show you again.
~
Brown an onion in 1 tblspn olive oil until golden...
~
Add in 500gms chicken mince and brown off.
~
Finely cube one carrot and a medium potato - microwave these for 3 minutes just to start cooking process.
~
Add in the flavour sachet and 1 diced zucchini...
~
Add in potato, carrot and a small can of corn...
~
Mix through then add 1/4 cup of water and let if cook away for about 15 minutes, stirring a bit. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
~
You can make whatever shaped pasties you like but I find the rolls are quite easy to do and I use short crust pastry. Puff would work too.
~
Ready for the oven...
~
These took around 25 minutes at 200C to cook.
~
These freeze well and can be microwaved hot or reheated in the oven. Great lunch box snack.
~
Tomorrow I will do Pizza Pinwheels for you.
Cheers - Joolz

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the recipe and and instructions! Your food posts are always so yummy looking! I'm off to the kitchen now.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look delicious! I'm hanging out for tomorrows post too!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.