Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A rude awakening...

I had just got up ahead of my 6.30am alarm when I heard a few quick spatters on the roof then...
~
... down it came! A very quick, heavy shower of hail.
~
I must be loony - out the front of our house at 6.30am in my summer pyjamas, taking pictures!
~

~
~
Isn't it odd how these 2 silver birch trees have not sprouted at the same time? One has nearly all it's leaves and the other is still dormant.
~
You can see we had an awful lot of hail ...
~
This is the closest we ever get to the big freeze, folks!
~
I thought I could put away my winter shoes and had broken out the summer sandals (we call them slides - and hey did I tell you that I bought these ON SALE for HALF PRICE! That never happens to me! This style is not being repeated this summer so the store had this one pair out on sale - in MY SIZE!) but I will be back in winter trousers, shoes and socks again today. Glurg!
~
Have a happy one
~
Cheers - Joolz




7 comments:

  1. Yesterday was sunshiney gorgeousness here and today Cold and grey and rainy! No hail tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't had a good hail storm in quite awhile (or any other precipitation for that matter!) Hope there wasn't any damage to your roof or cars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who will go outside in my jammies to take a picture when there is a good picture out there to take! Great shots. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, loony being out there that early, we just got the rain and lots of thunder, it's cold here today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you took the photos! I liked seeing that. My son was disgusted. He lives in Adelaide and they had hail there too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Golly gosh what a surprise to wake up to!

    We haven't had any wet stuff here, but the nights are cold again...just because we decided to put the stumps away :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't get hail that often, but when we do it is very exciting. I have no idea why. I love the shoes - hopefully, you can wear them soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.