Saturday, March 31, 2012

Randomness on Saturday...

I made a batch of Oaty Cookies first thing this morning...
~
(Web pic)
Now, this is your perfect 'heart in the clouds' picture...
~
While driving to Adelaide this week, I spied my own 'heart in the clouds'...
~
It was pretty abstract!
~
This is DJ, our pet sheep - snuffling on a stalk of celery...
~
After I juice each morning, I tip out the pulp for the two sheep to eat - they go crazy for it!
~
I made Annette Sym's Chicken Laksa (um, last week sometime!) which you can find here. So good, Gus couldn't stop raving about it! I used red curry paste instead of Masaman and I completely forgot to put in the lemongrass! It was still delicious - with just enough hot kick to make you go back for another mouthful! He declared it even better for leftover lunch the next day!
~
Late afternoon cup of Chai and a cookie...
~
~
On Thursday night, on SBS, we enjoyed a new cooking show - Two Greedy Italians. Antonio Carluccio and Gennaro Contaldo showcase Italy, it's people and it's food as only they can. They are old best friends and very funny together. It's a beautifully produced show, it will be our favourite for weeks to come. Here's the SBS site where you can either view the episodes or just preview the show. I am refraining from watching on line - I want to savour it on Thursday nights, relaxing with a wine. Luke Nguyen and Hesten Blumenthal are also on so it's a good line up from 7.30pm onwards (plus 24 hours in A&E is on too)!
~
Tomorrow for lunch, I will attempt a recipe from Two Greedy Italians - Mamma Contaldo's Ricotta Dumplings (in a tomato basil sauce) which the old guys cooked in Episode 1.
~
Gus is cooking chicken kebabs tonight then tomorrow night for dinner he is making Thai Green Prawn Curry - oh, I cannot wait! Pictures to follow...
~
Cheers - Joolz

3 comments:

  1. Methinks Gennaro is Jamie Olivers mentor. Have seen him often in his tv shows. Did not know this was on so must remember to watch this coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the Annette's Laksa is very yummy.
    Your sheep will be so healthy with celery and fuit:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your heart in the clouds is awesome! Your sheep are precious. And the chicken laksa looks WAY yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.