Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thursday This and That...

Dinner's last week included rolled roast pork with roast vegetables - I tossed the veggies in a bag with 1 tablespoon of olive oil then roasted them on baking paper in the oven... Can you tell Gus likes cracked pepper?
~
Tuesday it was chicken Rippa Rissoles and veggies...
~
Thursday I made chicken enchiladas...
~
I tried an Annette Sym recipe for Apricot Rice Baked Custard. I thought the recipe must be wrong because is said to use 1/4 cup Basmati rice - it didn't sound like enough but it was amazing how it fluffed up when baked.
~
It was quite yummy.
~
Monday this week I bought beef and lamb marinated skewers - easy dinner!
~
These are the Oaty Cookies I made for Kirby...
~
Tuesday morning, it got the better of me! My walk-in-robe was a total mess with summer clothes still spilling out everywhere and all mixed up with winter clothes that I have been wearing. Time for a de-clutter! Honestly, it took me probably less than one hour and...
~
Tah dah! A much tidier space and a lot less clothes to have to rifle through. Most of my clothes are black and finding the right top can be tricky when they all look the same! St. Vinnies did well and scored about 12 pairs of summer shoes too!
~
Tuesday night I tried one of Marion's boxed curries. It was really good. I left out the dried red chillies as they would have blown our heads off and I did add a little palm sugar and squeeze of lime juice. Perfectly delicious and as easy as 1 - 2 - 3 - 4!
~
Wednesday morning... foggy and cold. We are 2 weeks away from the start of winter and still need some good rains...
~
I've been plodding away at a few dishcloths - this is a basket weave one and I have finished 2 waffle patterned ones... It is nice to sit and knit.
~
Ooh, here is my latest acquisition - my Elna 1000 - Spotlight had them out for $99.00 so I just couldn't resist. I can't sew to save myself so this will be perfect to learn on. Brianna took the Janome to Adelaide with her and I needed to mend Gus's trousers the minute she left so I have been on the lookout for a replacement. Problem solved - stay tuned for some sewing adventures... when I find time!
~
Finally, according to my home scales, I have cracked 70.0 kgs (in bras and knickers before breakfast) - last October I weighed about 77.0 kgs so I am very pleased. I have been yo-yoing the last couple of weeks but Tuesday morning the scales said 70.0 kgs. I weighed in at Weight Watchers and they said 71.2 (that's clothed and at 5.30pm) so between the two the scales can't be lying! Yay!
~
Enjoy your day - the sun is out and I am off to work....
Cheers - Joolz


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the weight loss! Good work! And everything looks so delicious in your photos, too.

    My closet is too crowded! I still miss our closets from the old house. If I was smart, I'd have five pair of black slacks and five print tops and call my work wardrobe done. It would really simplify things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done on the weight loss Joolz. Food looks amazing as usual and great pick up on the Janome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on losing weight. It is so much easier to put it on than take it off so you have done a great job.
    I love all your food pictures. They make me hungry.
    We are having our green curry tonight and I am a little scared that it might be too hot even for the chilli heads who live here.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some lovely recipes there Joolz, the food looks divine. You have been very busy with a bit of everything :)

    Congratulations on your weight loss. I have managed to put 4kg back on since Easter, so this week have hit the road again walking...been a bit chilly in the mornings, was 2C this morning!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always love stopping by your blog~!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your weight loss! Your cooking photos always look so delicous. I applaud you for your willpower I don't think I would be losing if I cooked as well as you. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your weight loss you should be so proud of yourself, just remember to take care of yourself over winter-it's a real "undoer" for me!!
    Love the foodie piccies as always.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.