Monday, June 18, 2012

Lazy Sunday...

I bought this book from the book club that leaves books at work... I used it for our dessert on Sunday night. I just spent the day puttering around, did laundry later in the day and got it all put away.
~
What a busy Sunday night's viewing it was! We watched The Block...
~
... taped Dancing with the stars then watched it after the other shows... and went to bed at MIDNIGHT!
~
We watched The Voice and were blown away by Karise Eden - her second song has won her the competition, I think. We will find out tonight!
~
We taped MasterChef and I don't know when we'll watch this episode...
~
Gus made Beef in Black Bean...
~
Then I made late dessert - Lemon Delicious!
~
Such a light and fluffy lemon pudding, almost like a souffle...
~
... with a gooey, lemony sauce at the bottom... OMG!
~
LEMON DELICIOUS
.
50gms butter, softened
3/4 cup (170g) caster sugar
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
3 eggs, separated
1 and 1/3 cups (330mls) milk
1/3 cup (80 mls) lemon juice
1/4 cup (35gms) self-raising flour (yes, only 1/4 cup!)
sifted icing sugar for dusting
cream or icecream to serve
.
Preheat the oven to 180C. Lightly grease six 250ml (1 cup) ovenproof dishes (ramekins).
.
You also need a baking dish to sit the ramekins in. Boil the kettle.
.
Using electric beaters, beat the butter, sugar, lemon zest and egg yolks for 3-4 minutes until light and creamy
.
Gradually add the milk, stirring with a wire whisk. Stir in the lemon juice. Sift the flour over and gently mix to combine.
.
Using very clean beaters, beat the egg whites in a bowl until soft peaks form. Fold into the batter using a large metal spoon, taking care not to lose any volume.
.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared dishes and set them in the baking dish. Transfer to the oven and carefully pour enough boiling water into the baking dish to come half way up the side of the dishes.
.
Bake for 20 minutes until the puddings spring back when gently touched (they will still be pale). Be very careful removing the puddings from the oven. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately with cream or icecream.
.
Be still my heart......

4 comments:

  1. beef n black beans looks yumbo we are on amajor chinese kick lately

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Karise should win on that performance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lemon Delicious is my favourite dessert...I have been given a heap of lemons so this will be on the menu for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Tania I was also given a heap of lemons and that pudding looks delicious like its name. My husband is not keen on lemony desserts though so might have to scoff it on my own! We also have been watching the Block - we met Brad and Lara recently at Mitre 10. They are so friendly and down to earth. And in agreement about Karise for winning the Voice. I made the same prediction and statement last night. It's all about the voice and she sure has a unique one but wow how much talent is out there in Australia?! Have to fly - cooking a roast for my husband's birthday dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.