Sunday, July 22, 2012

Rhonda's Muffins ....

I had some very sad looking bananas left in the fruit bowl so I decided to make Banana Choc Chip muffins using Rhonda's recipe from her Down to Earth book...
~
BASIC MUFFINS
.
1/4 cup olive oil
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups SR flour
.
Use this basic recipe on its own or add things like 1 cup apple pie filling, 1 cup mashed banana, drained tinned cherries, frozen berries or choc chips...
~
1. Preheat oven to 180C and prepare muffin tin - I use patty pans so they don't stick.
.
2. Combine the oil, egg, milk and sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly with a
fork or wooden spoon.
.
3. Pour in the flour and mix. Do not over work the batter, just make sure there is no dry flour. At this point, add in any other flavourings and mix gently.
.
4. Spoon the batter into the muffin tin and bake for about 20 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the tin before turning out on a wire rack.
~
I will freeze most of these and Gus can take one for smoko now and then. They make great road-trip snacks too.
~
(the blue and white china plate and cup and saucer are from my first dinner set, c.1986)
Ah, fresh muffins and a cuppa ... bliss!
~
Another lazy Sunday here for me - a bit of laundry to do but not much else.
Cheers - Joolz

13 comments:

  1. We refer to them as dead bananas in our house and don't they make the best muffins and cakes!
    I also make dead vege soup, delicious.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't possibly be more timely...I have two or three bananas that look just like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a sign. I've been wanting to get her book but I've been reluctant because I'd have to get it via the internet, and I wanted to flip through it first. The muffins look super tasty, and I love the China they're on. It makes them look like a special treat :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aren't they the best muffins? I make this recipe every 3 days for the kids snacks and they love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family eats out all the bananas and so I buy more the next week (we have farmers markets once a week) and then we end up having to make something from the 'past their use buy date bananas' muffins are always the go to thing, sometimes with extra apple and sometimes with chocolate chip.

    BTW just read your other posts and I am sure you said it was a 2.0 diamond!!!!! Louise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I totally agree, Louise! Definitely a 2.0 diamond! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Bananas and chocolate together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Methinks Rhonda's book is long overdue in my bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blue and white dishes. . . just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't usually make muffins from scratch - I find packet ones turn out better. These were lovely and fluffy and the 'old' bananas certainly made them tasty. A really good and easy recipe.

    Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would never have thought to put chocolate chips in a banana muffin, but I'll bet it's delicious! I'll be sure to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy to find your blog - and I might try that chicken casserole recipe too I think! cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.