Saturday, September 1, 2012

A big week ...

This post is basically a dump of all the pictures on my iphone since I posted last week. Brianna came home last Friday and this was her dinner request - Mexican Potato Casserole - from Mennonite Girls Can Cook. It is both the girl's favourite 'come home to' meal.

~
~
~
For some strange reason, she had a need to try on her Debutante dress from July, 2010! She still as a gorgeous figure but it didn't do up t the back like it used to...
~
Well, it is a size 4!
~
Saturday afternoon I made bread rolls...
~
They were perfect! Gus was in control of dinner so I continued baking...
~
Funfetti Cookies ...
~
He did a roast chicken wrapped in bacon, stuffed with a sage and butter seasoning... We invited Gus' mother over for dinner to catch up with Bri.
~
I do love a man who can cook!
~
I made Lemon Delicious puddings for dessert...
~
Next morning, I continued baking more biscuits... but first, breakfast!
~
Anzac biscuits ...
~
Golden and crunchy and just a little bit chewy ...
~
Creaming the butter & icing sugar to make Cherry Shortbreads...
~
Piped and ready for the oven ...
~
Golden and yummy...
~
I also made a deep dish beef lasagne...
~
I packaged the biscuits up individually in cello bags for freshness...
~
~
Brianna had requested Choc Chip Cookie Bars to take back to Adelaide when she flew back Monday morning so I made these Sunday night also ... epic baking going here, I can tell you!
~
Bear in mind, all this week I am working 9 to 5 as my office colleague is away on leave.
With one daughter gone, the other arrived. Kirby flew home Monday night to attend a funeral (a friend's mother). That is what all my baking was for, the family. Kirby had requested chicken mornay in vol au vents for dinner so that's what we had.
On Tuesday night I made a chicken curry with cucumber raita... Kirby drove back home Wednesday. It was great to have the girls home - talk about whirlwind visits!
~
~
I actually had Wednesday morning off, too my Mum grocery shopping then onto Mt. G so she could have an ECG (Ecocardiogram) done. The results were good, no change to the slight heart murmer she has.
Wednesday night is Weight Watchers night for me. I am on the committee and we have started a small library of books for members to borrow. We have quite a few recipe, lifestyle and health books on the shelves....
~
We had a tasting night - this is a Quick Strawberry Mousse - make up a low joule strawberry jelly to instructions but only use 1/2 the water required. Allow to partially but not fully set. Now using electric beaters or whisk, beat until it forms a foamy mixture, approximately double in size with lots of bubbles. Add in 150gms natural bio-yoghurt and 200 gms of strawberries, chopped - leaving a few for decorating. Continue to whisk until everything is well blended. Pour into separate glasses or a large serving bowl and refrigerate until set. Decorate with a little whipped cream and strawberries. It's lovely and tangy and refreshing.
~
I made Annette Sym's Cookies & Cream Cheesecake (made them Tuesday night inbetween making that curry!) - I used my mini muffin baking sheet and made 24 mini cakes. They were delicious. Recipe is here.
~
Mandy made a Lentil and Veggie Curry which was lovely, sweet and spicy. Unfortunately I don't have the recipe just yet.
~
Thursday was a full day at work then onto my nail appointment. A lovely hour, being pampered.
~
For dinner, I made a tossed salad and a potato salad...
~
... and we had it with fresh Coorong Mullet fillets...
~
On Friday night, I added a coleslaw to the mix and we had T-bone steak and shasliks with the left over salads. Easy dinner!
~
Phew! TGIF is right! It's been a hectic week!
~
Spotted this nail art on facebook, cute little dream catchers... I'm going to show my nail tech!
~
And Finally, Bonnie. I think she had a case of 'ennui' ... (pronounced 'ahn-wee') which roughly translates as a feeling of utter weariness and discontent resulting from satiety or lack of interest; boredom. In this cold weather, she has laid about on her bed, not moving or going out of the garage, just getting up to eat then lolling back on the mat. I know how she feels!
~
Cheers - Joolz

3 comments:

  1. I just felt like lemon delicious tonight! Unfortunately no-one else did, so I've made cinnamon cake instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That burst of baking happening in your house was absolutely mindblowing!!! I have been trying to get my butt into gear to get some baking done but can't seem to find the motivation. I really feel like lemon delicious now,,,,maybe I can find that much motivation for dessert tonight,,,,maybe?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow...all that cooking is putting the kilos on me! Your bread looks great. The mini cheesecake...yummo! The chicken sounds good too.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.