Friday, January 25, 2013

January phone dump...

Wow, it's 25 days since the start of the New Year - here are a few things that I have been doing and have collected on my phone... 
~
I made red velvet cupcakes for Kirby to take to her friends holiday house for New Years...
~
Aren't the sprinkles cute?  May have to whip these up again for Valentines Day.
~
Tard the Grumpy Cat always cracks me up!
~
We played Monopoly Revolution - I lost! 
~
A funny off the internet...
~
Sweet Potato Garlic knot rolls... although I don't put the garlic on them...
~
Peach spiced chutney that we had with roast pork - when I find the recipe, I'll post it.
~
Juice - pink lady apple, orange & carrot - you can feel it doing you good!
~
The cherries around here have been fantastic - big, plump and juicy - I have a container on my desk and I just munch away!
~
Salad platter - salad leaves, baby beetroot, kalamata olives, dried cranberries, cucumber, my home-grown cherry tomatoes and cheese...
~
Oven wedges - sprinkled with Masterfoods Moroccan seasoning...
~
Served with rump steak off the barbecue... and relish!
~
More sweet potato knot rolls - did I tell you we love them?
~
Layered juice - because I am clever that way!  This is how it goes when it settles - green apple, orange, carrot & celery...
~
My Chicken Penne - seeded mustard, sundried tomatoes, baby spinach leaves, onion, a little chicken stock powder and light cream...
~
Cockies (Corellas) on our roof - I am so sick of them - they poop everywhere and squark at 5.30 in the morning.  Anybody gotta gun?
~
More Tard - Mount Grumpmore?
~
I just love that face, makes me smile everytime!
~
Dilmah plate collage - beautiful!
~
My tomatoes are producing a few each day - on the left is the ripening bowl, on the right are ones ready for eating.
~
Cockies in the neighbouring tree this morning - I wish they would just go away!
~
After a warm 34C day yesterday and a warm night, I awoke to the sound of wind and rain and it looked very bleak.  But it lightened up to a sunny day.
~
This picture shows how many birds congregate in the trees...  I have video of them making a racket - I'll post it one day soon.
~
Enjoying my tomato relish on toast for breakfast...
~
Also enjoying my apricot jam and vegemite on toast too!  What do you have for breakfast?
~
It's Australia Day here tomorrow - we had planned to go to the beach and camp the night but I don't think the weather will be in our favour - might just have a barbecue at home with our friends visiting from Melbourne.  We'll wait and see!
~
Cheers - Joolz

7 comments:

  1. are you juicing for brekky?i make the odd vege smoothie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you like bit of toast with your vegemite...!!!!! lol.....Lovely pics there....I would Love to know where you got your love heart sprinkles from, Im here in Adelaide,......ta.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're having visitors doing the Aussie Lamb Roast w. the trimmings etc. Much needed rain happening here atm. so Don't think there will be much else happening.

    Love the Red Velvet Cakes bet they are better then the one I had at The Coffee Club with my DD the other day it was stale & yuck I really should have taken it back given the price, $6.90 for a small piece & yea I do hope The Coffee Club reads your blog. Maybe they could send me & you free vouchers :) Do they have Coffe Clubs in S.A.?
    Have a great Australia Day Joolz
    Caroline :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum I'm loving your food here Joolz...the cherries...the juice....and those chips, everything...and those red velvet cakes...Happy Australia Day to you xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so much yummy food! Those cupcakes would be great for valentines day! Love Tard! I am not good with breakfast, often it is only a banana! Enjoy your Australia Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, love all your food photos and the jug of layed coloured juice is very impressive! Those galahs are a real nuisance and make a shadow as they fly over there is so many of them. I know down the river road they strip the gum trees almost of all their leaves and create such a mess. If only they could be culled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm now that I'm starving I need to find a healthy filling lunch ;P!
    Re your corellas, buy a stockwhip and learn how to crack it properly. They think it's a gun going off. It may disturb your neighbours,as well as the birds, as they will also think that... so be prepared for visits from the boys in blue if you try this trick too often :D.
    Cheers,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.