Sunday, February 17, 2013

Chicken Satay ...

(Chicken Satay skewers, left over potato bake (OMG - better the next day!) and leftover salad)
~
 It was quite hot here yesterday and I didn't leave the house all day.  In fact I stayed in my pyjamas all day.  I got jobs done but I just needed a day off.  We have had three 4-day weekends in a row where we have entertained people, gone four wheel driving and also had a trip to Sydney plus I have worked every day since Christmas.  I am spent.
~
I did 4 loads of washing to catch up, made bread rolls, decluttered the bedroom, watched several trashy TV shows (Super Nanny, Hoarders, My Secret Obsession), completely cleaned/wiped out my washing machine (*gleaming*) - all in my pyjamas... then I showered and put new ones on.  Someone else made dinner :)
~
Then I watched more TV, with the fan going on me because I think there's something wrong with our air conditioner (doesn't feel like refrigerated air to me!).  
 Here's the recipe for the Satay Chicken...
~
SATAY CHICKEN
1 kg chicken (breast, thighs or tenderloins), cut into chunks
2 tablespoons mild sweet chilli sauce
1 tablespoon peanut oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons, chopped fresh coriander
:
Peanut Sauce
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/4 cup mild sweet chilli sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
:
Combine first lot of ingredients and marinate your chicken pieces for at least 3 hours or overnight.  Thread chicken onto skewers ready to pan fry or barbecue.
~
Combine peanut sauce ingredients in a small saucepan, heat then simmer about 3 minutes until sauce thickens slightly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cheers - Joolz

4 comments:

  1. No wonder you are exhausted with all that you've been doing. A day in PJ's sounds pretty good to me.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi joolz,
    I enjoyed reading all your posts from the last couple of weeks. I understand about how nice it is to have a weekend home. We"ve had the last few weekends away and have enjoyed just being around home this weekend. Gus' reading material looks very similar to my hubby's...car mags and sporting books!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm--I want to try this! Fresh coriander is what we call cilantro here in the states--right?
    V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum! So hungry now (and I just had brekky!) Love jammie days.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.