Saturday, October 26, 2013

Saturday, quietly busy ...

 Do you have a 'Lady'  Tool kit?  I keep this in my laundry cupboard, hidden from hubby - its just a cheap toiletry bag $2 and a small hammer, pliers,tape measure, multi head screwdriver, pinch nose pliers, blade knife, scissors and mini screwdrivers (great for fixing loose screws in sunglasses/glasses).  It probably cost me $20 to set up but I find it invaluable when I need a hammer or screwdriver (saves me having to hunt for one out in the shed) - I make sure hubby doesn't know my hiding place!  Haha!
~
 My sister Janine gave me a starter mix for a Herman the German friendship cake - there is a whole website for Herman here.   I will make my cake in 10 days time.  There are many varieties of the cake but I think I will stick to the apple and raisins in the recipe.  If you'd like to start a cake off, the recipe for the starter is there too.
~
We had work drinks last night to farewell a staff member and as one of the wives were leaving, I commented on her cute bag.  Hers was hot pink and she bought it locally (from her sister who has a lovely gift shop in our town).  I went in this morning and I took one look at the orange version and knew I had to have it.  I wear a lot of black and white so it will go with anything.  Its quite small so I wont use if for everyday where I need to lug all my essentials around.  What do you have in your handbag?
~
 In my bag, I always carry (from top clockwise... note paper (and pens), little sewing kit (with pins, cotton, needle, buttons, safety pins and mini pliers/screwdriver), anti-bacterial wipes, tissues, fold up hairbrush (although I rarely use it as I use hairspray and my hair doesn't move!), keys (I have 2 bunches), credit/store card wallet, chapstick, chewy mints, Diprosone ointment (for skin flare-ups), 2 different lipsticks, the green pouch for Panadol etc and the black and white pouch for lady products and my wallet.  My prescription sunglasses are always in my bag too(but not today!).
~
The little green pouch has a mirror, a toothpick holder with tp's, bobby pins and paper clips, Aspro Clear, Panadol and Nurafen and Band-aids.  I like to be prepared!
~
I was also gifted some lovely juicy lemons this week.  They have sat around and I didn't do anything with them so I bought some little plastic containers ($2 for 20) at our cheap shop and I've squeezed them all and have frozen the juice.  Each tub is the juice of one lemon.  I actually drove into town the other night because I forgot to buy a lemon - not any more!
~
Its been a busy, faffing around kind of day - I've washed and put away loads of washing, packed a lot of crystal ware away in a big stacker (stuff given to me from Mum), cleaned a lot of surfaces with that new cleaner - the house smells so fresh! Tomorrow my car will get a tub and there are some marks on walls that I want to get off with that cleaner.  We also need to hang some pictures if I can drag Gus away from the motor racing!
~

 I paid some bills on line, filed stuff away where it belongs..  Do you file your paperwork or does it lie about?  I deal with paper immediately.  All bills to be paid go in the purple folder so I know what's what, then when they're paid they get filed under "Accounts Paid'.  I keep every account for the year - you never know if you might need a docket or account for query or return/warranty.  All bank statements etc. are filed in here too.   I have a 'Tax Shit' file for superannuation accounts, insurance premiums etc. so come tax time, its all there.   I had a friend who said she used her accounts paid etc. to light the fire!  Oh dear!   Today, I can say its all up to date for the week!
~
The most amazing smells are wafting from the kitchen and hubby is knocking up a Chicken Casserole (that he found in a book club book at work) and mash for dinner. Can. Not. Wait!
~
Cheers - Joolz xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that little orange bag!

    My purse is SO heavy and FULL. I once emptied at work looking for something...and then I noticed that the room had grown quite silent as everyone watched me...it was like clowns tumbling out of one of those little cars, the stuff just kept coming. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.