Monday, January 13, 2014

Hotting up!

 

It was a ripper of a day here yesterday! Sunshine, blue sky and a top temp near 30C.

But its going to get scorching hot during the week ...

~

~

~

~

~

~

Expected temps for the week :

Monday 35C (95F) - it reached 38.5C at 3.30pm now its starting to cool off.

Tuesday 40C (104F) - it made 43.1C

Wednesday 40C (104F)

Thursday 43C (109.4 F)

Friday 38C (100.4F)

I hope the wind stays away as this creates the biggest bushfire risk. There is a lot of grass fuel around be ause we have had such a wet summer.

~

I've been shopping already today, bought a cooked chicken which is now in the fridge and I have salad stuff to make potato salad and a coleslaw.

Stay cool, Aussies!

Cheers - Joolz xx

 

6 comments:

  1. I heard about your heatwave. Hope your garden (and you) survive it okay. Great idea not to cook and heat the house up. Have a great week Joolz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not good about heat and bushfires; will be thinking of you folks. We are cooking outside all week. You have such a cheery flowery garden btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But look at that garden Joolz ... beautiful! Stay cool my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're in Goolwa SA so expecting the heatwave too, yuk!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks fantastic - so full of colour and everything so lush and green. But I do remember those hot spells well and the fussing over making sure everything was watered and shaded. It's almost a full time job!

    Smart idea to go with the cold rotisserie chook and salad. You don't need top heat up the house any more than necessary. Stay cool. I'll think of you when I put on my 6 layers of clothes to go out today. We have -13C with polar winds, although I'm not complaining as we've had a wet, "warm" winter so far and I've longed for all of this snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful garden Joolz! I hope it (and you) are surviving in the heat!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.