Monday, May 5, 2014

Savoury fruit salad...

Do you put fruit in your vegetable salads? In summer, I quite often add mango, strawberries, orange or kiwi fruit to my tossed salad.
Gus made this salad of beet leaves, baby spinach, rocket, fetta and raspberries.
The dressing was ...
2 spring onions
2 tspn dijon mustard
2 tblspn red wine vinegar
2 tspn raspberry jam (we didnt have raspberry vinegar as the recipe wanted so he improvised)
1 tblspn balsamic vinegar
2 tblspn honey
2 tblspn orange juice
1/4 cup good olive oil
Mix all together in a jar and shake well to combine.
Drizzle over the salad and sprinkle with walnuts.

The girls headed back to the city after lunch yesterday so I did a tidy up then popped on a curry for dinner. Just so good!
You can see why I miss them!
~
Not sure what the week holds weather wise, its been wet and cold (just how I like it!) but the sun it peeking through now so it might be milder today. I'm off to work, I hope you have a great day.
Cheers - Joolz xx



2 comments:

  1. I often add strawberries to a summer salad. One of my favourites is made with baby spinach, sugar peas, strawberries and feta in a basalmic dressing. Yours sounds delicious - I'd never thought of using raspberries, but will try it out in the summer when we usually get a bumper crop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fruit in a salad! Common things I add are pineapple, mandarin, apple, orange. I have not tried raspberries so will have to give that a go! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.