Saturday, May 3, 2014

Veggies for warmth...

 

Lots of veggies being eaten here this week. The weather has turned cold...

We had crumbed pork chops with these dishes, I put apple in the salad to go with the pork. It was the first time I had crumbed pork chops (usually I do lamb) and they turned out lovely and moist.
I portioned a small free range chicken (cost me $7.50) then tossed the pieces into a ziplock bag with this marinade....
Smoosh it all around then pop into the fridge until you are ready to bake. I did mine at 4.30pm then went off to my Weight Watchers meeting. Came home and popped the pieces in the oven on a rack over an oven tray lines with foil.

How good does my roasted veg salad look? I did the veggies in the oven while the chook was cooking.

Yummy, sticky chicken bits...

This weekend our girls are home for a visit. Gus is planning to rotisserie a chicken or two over his coal pit thingo and I want to make pea and ham soup (I have a lovely smoked ham hock waiting). Also, I have made a starter for ciabatta bread rolls so we'll see how they go.

As an early Mother's Day present, the girls are taking me to the movies to see The Other Woman and maybe a bit of shopping.

What are you up to?

Cheers, Joolz xx

 

1 comment:

  1. That roasted veggie salad looks good enough to eat right off the screen! I also made a lovely salad the other day using jerusalem artichokes, red onion, garlic and mushrooms that I sprinkled with fresh thyme and roasted in the oven. Then mixed with summer rocket, cubed tasty cheese and roasted pumpkin seeds and drizzled with basalmic vinegar and oil. It was really tasty. And roasted cauliflower and chickpeas was fantastic as well. I served it as part of a family buffet and several people asked me for the recipe. There's lots of different flavours and textures going on with the dish to make it really interesting.

    We are busy getting the yacht ready to launch as well as gardening while the nice weather lasts. I believe we are in for a blast of snow in the next day or so - winter's last hurrah.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.