Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Winter garden...

The skies are grey each day now, the sun rarely poking out. We've had good opening rains (if they arrive by Anzac Day, they say it will be a good season, which they basically did) with 35mls and 28 mls on two days last week. Autumn is heading into winter with temps dropping to 14-15C (57-59F).
The agapanthus seed heads need lopping off....
Oh, dear! My poor tomato plants. They gave me a few fruit over summer but nowhere near as good as previous seasons. I picked the green ones today to see if they ripen. I'll toss the plants into our green bin for composting this weekend.
There's just not enough heat in the days to ripen them...
A few carpet roses are still blooming but they will die off soon...
~
~
there's one more bud to bloom!
Oh, the shame! Look at those weeds!
~
~
~
I guess I'll get to it in the coming weeks...
Easy Pasta Bake dinner here tonight - 300gms of beef mince and onion browned off, tip in a jar of pasta sauce, salt and pepps, slug of balsamic vinegar and a tablespoon of sugar (I find it balances the sauce). Toss through you favourite pasta noodles...
I like San Remo Vegeroni shapes (a SA company)...
~
A winter warmer...

What's on your dinner plate?
Cheers - Joolz xx

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it's not the most exciting time in the garden unless you have bulbs that are starting to poke through. I had a couple of steaks planned for tea last night but then Daniel, Telesha and Owen called in and they ended up staying for tea, so it was good old Tuna Mornay...steak tonight!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.