Saturday, July 26, 2014

More Blue Ribbon cooking...

 

I treated myself to this book, choc full of simple home recipes cooked for our country shows (fairs for those in the US). There are a few cake, biscuit and slice recipes in here and also a fig jam recipe I'd like to try.

This is the first book by author Liz Harful. It features a recipe by a lady in our town, for yeast buns. I might try that one day.

Liz is currently touring around the country, visiting the local shows and promoting her book.

Cheers - Joolz xx

 

2 comments:

  1. I love cook books, I would never in a million years ever cook every recipe in the books I have! But I still like to have them :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are visiting my mother-in-law. There are three fig trees in the yard, and the crop is ripe and quite good. I had thought I might make preserves while I was here, but I keep eating the figs! I may make myself sick.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.