Saturday, September 27, 2014

Flinders Ranges Trip ... Days 8 & 9

18/9/14

Day 8

This morning we checked out of the resort accomodation but we plan to stay on here another night. We are trying some different lodgings tonight!

We took a drive out to Old Wilpena Station and had a wander around the old farm buildings...
~
~
Then we drove out to Rawnsley Park Station to the Woolshed Restaurant ...
~
We both chose the Lamb Pie - filled with leftover roast lamb and veggies. Delicious!
~
Then it was back to the resort to take overnight possession of our Ikara Safari premium tent...
~
King size bed!
~
I set up a bit of a kitchen on the bench so I could make dinner...
~
Gus lit the pig so we could sit around the fire...
~
I decided to make some scones to go with the spaghetti and meatballs ...
~
I baked them in the BabyQ and they turned out pretty good. A bit overdone on the bottoms but yummy!
~
Very basic meatballs made from frozen mince...
~
It was really good!
~

Day 9   19/9/14

Next morning, we had toast on the Q for breakfast.  It toasts really good just sitting the bread on foil.  So do crumpets.   Time to pack up once again.  We are heading for Quorn to stock up on food for the next couple of days.
~
We had lunch in Quorn at the Transcontinental Hotel. Good fish and chips and I had roast pork.  I asked for extra gravy!
~
Next job was buying food at the IGA in Quorn.  Once that was done, we fuelled up, got ice and then headed out to a bush retreat called Argadells. It is a privately owned property with bush camp sites...

~
~
~
As you can see, we had the whole field to ourselves...
~
This is our setup...
~
The long drop dunny was a little walk away...
 ~
I just love bush toilets - so inviting!  Not!  First thing I saw when I opened the door was a huntsman spider so no long drop toilet for me!
~
This had a much more tranquil feel!  Dig me a hole anyday!
~
We had a fire pit so Gus got the fire going early.
~
We are having a curry for dinner so I made some simple flat breads...
~
I didn't have a rolling pin so I used my roll of Gladwrap to roll them out.  That did the trick!
~
I used the flat hot plate in the BabyQ to cook them.  Perfect!
-
Mango chicken curry with basmati rice...
~
Yum,
~
Joolz xx
 

2 comments:

  1. This trip looks like SO much fun.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All los so yummy...But that kind of camp cooking would really test me...as much as I love cooking I am unsure about cooking on fires and such...Looks li a great time away for you...x

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.