Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Savoury casserole chops ...


I found this recipe on Facebook recently. It is a slow cooker recipe but I did it in my Le Creuset dutch oven in 1 and a 1/2 hours. I dusted the chops (I had 8) with plain flour and browned them in the pot on the stove top, then poured the sauce over the chops, bringing it up to a boil then put the lid on and placed in the oven at 180C. I stirred it and flipped the chops over a couple of times and seasoned with salt and pepper too. Another thing I added, and you might find it strange, a handful of raisins or sultanas and .... a banana!  Once tender, we had them with mashed potato, carrots and peas. Delicious!
~
Nice comfort food after the chilly day we had - it got down to 10C at lunch time which is crazy seeing it is meant to be 32C on Sunday. No wonder everyone has the sniffles and flu.
~
This afternoon I will be busy making iced, pink sugar cookies (similar to those above) for a Breast Cancer Awareness fundraiser that my niece is having at her hairdressing salon. There is also a Girls Night In function being held in town but unfortunately I can't make that. Originally, a group of girls got together (about 15 I think) and had a night in someone's loungeroom, playing games and wearing pink and being silly - a few years later and it's grown into a function where about 150 ladies have a rollicking night out, raising $000's for the cause.
~
 
Isn't this rose stunning?  Its from my sister's garden...
~
Off to work now then the cookie factory will be in full swing this arvo!
Cheers - Joolz xx


2 comments:

  1. Oooh wow, the banana in the casserole sounds interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chops sound yummy Joolz - some real nice comfort food!
    Love your Sister's rose too, it's a beauty :D)

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.