Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Peanut Butter Cookies...

...straight from the freezer...
When I did my show cooking the other week, I had left over cookie dough.  I have never tried freezing it before but thought I'd chuck it in there.  I made a roll and just wrapped it in cling film.
~
Today, I got it out and let it thaw a few minutes then sliced it with a sharp knife.  I could have rolled them into balls but thought I'd see how the slices looked when cooked...
~
They turned out fine, not quite as neat as when they are rolled into balls but very good!
~
These taste like a peanut butter Anzac - very good!  Here is the recipe, it makes lots of cookies!
~

I have to say that the Chicken and cashew curry I slaved over Sunday night was not a success.  It had absolutely no flavour.  The spices were there but pureed cashews give off no flavour at all.  I did not eat more that 3 mouthfuls before abandonning the dish. Gus ate his and thought it was okay.
I had cornflakes and milk.  :(
~
Cheers - Joolz xx
 


 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joolz, I started freezing biscuit dough a couple of years ago. It was a light bulb moment for me. No longer do I throw out stale biscuits. I just bake what we can eat within a few days.
    It's also great to have the dough in the freezer for when unexpected visitors arrive. It can be defrosted in the microwave in an emergency and baked within 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.