Thursday, July 23, 2015

Sweet Chilli Chicken Thighs...

Matt Preston sure likes easy, comforting food and this recipe is no exception.  Remember his Apricot Chicken recipe I posted about?  This is similar in ease of making and is full of flavour.
~

~

Whack all the ingredients into a big ziplock bag.  I used about 1/2 cup of chilli sauce and it was plenty...
~
While it was marinating, I tossed the potatoes in the baking dish and got them roasting (about 20 minutes). Next, in went the chicken fillets with all the juice.
~
About 15 minutes before they were done, I tossed in some button mushrooms and stirred the potatoes (which were cooking in the chicken juices now).  Then with 5 minutes to go, I tossed in a big handful of baby spinach leaves and again mixed them through the potatoes and mushrooms to wilt.
~

Not the prettiest plating, but a scrummy meal, nonetheless! Down the potato end, you could throw in brussells sprouts, sweet potato, carrots - anything that will roast away while the chicken is cooking.
Give it a go!
Cheers - Joolz xx
 


 
 

1 comment:

  1. I am pinning this - I don't usually cook with chicken thighs, but these sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.