Saturday, November 28, 2015

Joolz juices...

So after a few weekends of this beautiful food (dinner with Kirb at Andre's Cucina) I decided I need to clean up my act...
~
No more pub grub! Deep fried and colourless! 
~
I was gifted some lovely fresh, picked straight off the tree cherries by the girls dear old neighbour, Mario.  I think we have him confused because we come and go like we live there but then we take off again!   Gus gave him a jar of my apricot jam so we reciprocated with the cherries. Dear old guy!
~
So my first smoothie out of my NutriBullet was a banana, cherry, almond milk, organic honey and maca powder...soooo good!
~
I bought these additives - cacao for a chocolatey hit, LSA (linseed, sunflower and almond) for liver cleansing and cholesterol reduction and maca powder for energy, increased mood and libido and health...
~
I bought this great little book, packed full of yummy juice and smoothy recipes - Lola is a sweetie!
~
I'm trying to cut bread out of my breakfast and lunch...
~
A veggie and fruit juice to start the morning...
~
Then a smoothie to get me through until lunch time.  
~
This one was quite thick and maybe my knob of ginger was a bit big - it was quite spicy! 
~
crispbreads with cranberry sauce, avocado and turkey...
~
Fresh stir-fry ingredients...
Sweet and spicy pork...
~
Oh, my feet have been aching lately! Nothing like a good old soak in my foot spa with an effervescent peppermint foot cooling tablet from The Body Shop!

This juice was called Love Elixer - beetroot, strawberry and apple! 
~
I went to MtG to have my sleep machine data taken and normally I'd sneak a cheeky cheeseburger in for a snack...not this time! I bought a fresh fruit salad...
~
...and this delicious wrap - fresh chicken breast meat, carrot, spinach, lettuce, bean shoots, red onion, slice of cheese, balsamic dressing - gosh it was good!
~
This smoothie is Piney Tropicana - frozen banana, fresh pineapple, mango, spinach, coconut water, coconut oil and chia seeds - delish!
~
Another salad plate, this time with skinless, boneless salmon, four bean mix and my own beetroot...
~
Banana and cherry smoothie - this kept me going until 1pm yesterday.  I believe all the bread I used to eat only made me hungrier sooner.  I could have two poached eggs on 2 pieces of toast at 8.30am and be hungry by 11am!
~
Kirb and I were going to go out for a quick dinner night but instead chose to make nachos instead.  Not really healthy but a small portion - ya gotta live!
~
Today, I am making Kirby a birthday cake for tomorrow and some Chocolate candy cane cookies for her to take to work. She loves them and I didn't get to make any last year.
~
We are hoping to replicate Rachel Khoo's one tray roast for dinner if we can find some quails...
Stay tuned!
Cheers - Joolz xx

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are making some yummy healthy smoothies there. Are you pleased with your Nutri bullet? I need something new like that.
    Your meals look very healthy to me. I love my Vogel bread so would be hard pressed to give it up completely. Cut down a bit first step I think.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.