Saturday, October 8, 2016

Slow Saturday...

~
Miso salmon...
Spring in the garden...
Veggies for satay chicken pies...
A beautiful day here today...
~
Pink Lady apples for apple butter...
Chai tea ready to go with milk and sugar...
Oh, it's been a lazy Saturday here.  When I got out of bed, my lower back was extremely sore and knotted up. I could barely bend at all so I gingerly tidied the kitchen after breakfast then basically sat, listening to music, surfing Instagram and Facebook and drinking chai tea. By 11am, I was back in bed for an hour but my slumber was interrupted not once, but twice by the doorbell ringing!  We have bees in a gum tree that we need removing and so they were here to survey the situation. Buzz off!
We are going out with friends for Chinese tonight so no meal prep needed but tomorrow we're having Moroccan chicken so I need to make some kind of flat bread so I've been reading recipes. I'm also going to make apple butter for the first time.  I have a slow cooker recipe that takes about 4-5 hours so I'll give that a go! It's meant to be raining tomorrow so that will suit me fine!  I hope you're having a restful weekend too!
 
Cheers - Joolz xx
  

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to hearing how the apple butter turns out Julie.
    I hope your back feels better soon. Those cups of tea look mighty nice.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.