Saturday, November 26, 2016

Pudding capers...

Apologies for my absence - still having trouble posting sometimes.  Very frustrating when you sit and upload
several photos then it just crashes or refuses to publish said pics.  I'll try and get some posts up today of what I've been up to - nothing that rivetting but  I have plenty of pics to share. 
~


I have had my pudding fruit steeping in brandy for about 2 weeks now so it's time to make the Christmas Pudding!
~




First, I whizzed up 2 cups of fresh bread crumbs...
~


Add in the flour, mixed spice and ginger...
~



Four cups of fruit...
~



1/2 cup of almonds...
~



Suet and brown sugar and salt...
~




Give it a really good mix to combine all the dry ingredients...
~


I grease the pudding basin with butter and I line the base with baking paper so we don't
have any tears on Christmas Day when it won't come out of the basin it doesn't stick!  :)
~



Add in the wet ingredients - 4 eggs, brandy (although this is really already in the fruit - a bit extra won't hurt!) and boiling water with the bicarb soda...Mix, mix, mix...
~



Place it in the basin and smooth it out...
~



~


I make a cartouche to cover the pudding then place baking paper on top of the
basin and tie with string - not an easy task if you are home alone and need another
pair of elbows and hands!  My struggle is real!
~


Now, if making one pudding isn't enough for today, I thought I'd make another batch and make
two smaller ones.  You know when Christmas has come and gone and you have a hankering for
pudding, say in July when the weather turns cold...frozen pudding!  Whip it out of the freezer, grab some custard and cream and voila! Christmas in July!
~


So here are my darlings, all slowing bubbling away on the stove steaming for 5 hours.   I hope they are good puds!

Cheers - Joolz xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.