Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Tomato pasta sauce...

...to freeze for later.
My brother-in-law dropped off these lovely ripe tomatoes so I'm making pasta sauce to freeze for when I want to make spaghetti bolognese or a lasagne. No nasties in this sauce!
So far, I've skinned them and pureed them in my food processor then tipped them into my slow cooker bowl.
When I get home from work, I'll add onion, garlic and herbs and slow cook it tonight for several hours. I should get 4-6 containers of lovely pasta sauce to which I'll just need to add mince to.
Onion and garlin whizzed and chopped...
Lovely fresh, local basil...
Oh, the smell as it was cooking! I let it cook away until 10pm...
Five tubs of red goodness!   This is the recipe I used for Bulk Tomato Pasta Sauce
(I didn't fry off the onion first, I just put it all in the slow cooker from 5pm until 10pm, stirring on the hour).
Into the freezer they go, to be used over winter when fresh tomatoes can't be found. I'm looking forward to a nice bowl of spaghetti bolognese!
Cheers - Joolz xx