Saturday, September 23, 2017

Potted vintage 'gazunder'...

One of my sisters gave me this old chamber pot quite a few years ago.   It looks like it's a blue and white piece but it's actually blackish grey transferware (Johnson Bros, Cornwall)...
It's been sitting out in the garage and I see it everytime I pull in.   Hmm, I thought...succulents would look nice planted in that.  Otherwise, what the hell am I going to do with it? 😳
A quick trip to the plant nursery to buy a few succulents, and et voila!   How good does it look?
I wish all gardening was as easy as watching succulents do...basically nothing!
 
I also repotted some basil, thyme and chives in a little planter you see amongst the succs, these were the left overs so I popped them in this pot that another sister made for me!

I decided to try drying a bit of mint, just to see how it goes.   If I keep picking this mint it should keep sprouting out thicker...
I've just laid it on this tray and I'll put it in the spare bedroom to see how it dries.
I've got thyme too, so I set some of that drying too...I'll crumble it and stick it in a jar when it's dried.

It's been a funny old day here...this morning it was quite warm, almost t-shirt weather...then it came in all over-cast and thundery.  Now it is raining quite heavy and the temp has certainly dropped.
Another day indoors for me...

Cheers - Joolz xx

4 comments:

  1. The succulents look great in it...I mean if you couldn't bring yourself to use it as a soup tureen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That never crossed my mind...but no! It's probably over 100 years old and definitely a pee pee potty! 😕

      Delete
  2. I really like that second pot made of the mosaic. I remember doing mosaics at school as a little boy and have loved the concept ever since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have a go. There are classes out there...

      Delete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.