Sunday, May 20, 2018

The Royal Wedding...and cake!


Kirby and I eagerly watched the wedding of Prince Harry to Meghan Markle.  We were both a bit underwhelmed by her dress, thinking that it was very similar to Crown Princess Mary’s from several years ago.   She still looked  stunning and we loved that she wore Queen Mary’s bandeau tiara with her beautiful veil...
~

We also thought it was lovely the way Prince Charles looked after Doria Ragland, making sure she got out of the church okay.  The poor love looked a bit lonely and overwhelmed in there! And walking Meghan down the aisle was a lovely thing also.
~

Here we are, wearing our tiaras! Bri wasn’t that enthralled with the whole thing...
~

In honour of the wedding, I went all out and made a cake.  Well, Woolworth’s made the sponge and I whipped the cream!
~

I went all out on the decorating, I think it took me all of 3 minutes to decorate it....
~

I put lemon curd in the centre which was delicious...
~

I’m not sure with the points for this...I scored it 6 points as my slice was fairly thin and I only had one piece...
~

I also made naughty Chicken Pot pies (sorry about all that pepper!) which we all declared the best ever!
All in all, it was a great night for my last night with the girls.  I’d better go home to my poor hubby who has been batching...
Bri was a bit upset during the evening and I think she is so over being in pain.  Surely today her throat will start to improve and she can start backing off on the pain meds.  They did say days 5-7 get rough and it sure proved true yesterday.  She is meant to go back to work on Friday 25th which is 11 days post op.  I hope she’ll be right by then, poor love!
~

Back on track this morning with porridge, banana and dates for breakfast.  I think I may have cracked the 70’s - tomorrow’s weigh-in will tell...

Cheers - Joolz xx

3 comments:

  1. Your crowns and cake look fabulous! We enjoyed watching the wedding here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to celebrate the wedding. Looked like a very enjoyable night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joolz, I enjoyed catching up with your posts this morning. Inspired by you I joined WW Online back in April and my weight loss has been consistent. My meals are much plainer than yours though. Where do you get all these delicious recipes from? I am just counting points? My other question is wine, do you still indulge? I hope I am not being nosey. I just like to eat and enjoy myself and you see to have struck a good balance. Thanks, Jodie

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.