Sunday, January 14, 2018

End of December 2017 photo dump...


As you know, Christmas day was a sad day for us as my mum passed away but we did have a nice few days up until that point...
Barbecued lamb...
~
The chef in his spotted pinny! 
The cutest registered nurse you’ll ever see - she did 4 night shifts straight, over the Christmas weekend.  She’d brighten up any ward! 😘

I gave Gus a BBQ Smoker...
Haha! This pair (in Michael’s newly built home) - she bought him a drone and he bought her an R2D2 robot.  Tech nerds!
The look on Michael’s face was like an 8 year old boy! So happy!
We dined out for our Christmas lunch, just the four of us...
Back home after lunch, I iced the shortbread biscuits that had taken so long to finish.  I made the dough on the Sunday, a week before Christmas.  Mum got more unwell so baking was put off.  I baked them on the Wednesday before Christmas but didn’t ice them...

So they got the royal icing treatment and I threw coloured sugar, sugar balls and other Christmas crap at them...
...and they turned out perfect!  Delicious too...
Hot spinach dip in cob loaf....
We returned home on Boxing Day and I was thankful that I hadn’t put up my tree this year.  I pulled down the few ornaments I had around the place. Job done.  Back to work on Tuesday for a bit.  The staff sent this lovely bowl of flowers.  It is in a ceramic pot and saucer that I can plant more succulents in....
Kirby and Nate arrived home on Wednesday and it was a warm day so we did Weber pizzas that night and sat around the fire when the night cooled off.

....to be cont...

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your mum.... We lost Mr Chookys dad in the week before Christmas.... Makes the time very difficult.......

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.