Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Life in the fast lane...

I tried a new bread recipe last Friday night.  I used Tina's recipe for bread (she has a lovely homey blog) - and the bread rolls were a success. Recipe and video tutorial here...
~
  
Also on Friday, I tried a recipe for Thai Chicken cakes - these were really delicious and we just had them with a salad.  Recipe here... 
~
  
Last night we had a Beef & Peanut stirfry (meant to be chicken but we had chicken 2 nights before so...).  It's a recipe from the AIS Survival for the Active Family book.... I couldn't find a link but it is very similar to this recipe here ...
~
Last Saturay night we held our staff dinner in our new showroom...
It was like setting up for a wedding ... but we only had 3 tables!
I wanted it to look nice so I ordered bowls of flowers (so each lady could take one home), had candles as the centre piece...
It was a bit hard to jazz up the room as it is so clinical and new...  Balloons helped a bit...
~
I stuck to a blue, green and white/cream theme as that is the company colours...
Certainly looks weddingy!
~
~
We had caterers come in and cook a lovely 3 course meal ....
Dessert was a selection of bite size yummy goodies.  We had quite a late night and didn't get home until 2.45am! 

On Sunday, after cleaning up the showroom, we had a visit from 2 British girls, friends of a friend of ours.  We treated them to dinner, bed and breakfast on their way through.
We took them for a quick trip through the dunes to our coast to show them the sights.  It was raining so we didn't get out of Ruby.  Then I did a Chicken curry, homemade naan bread and golden syrup dumplings for dessert.  Phew!
~
Dianne and Laura - I made them some Anzac biscuits to take with them...
  
Yesterday morning I made some Cherry Shortbreads to give to my mother...

~
 
After all that, I was happy to sit in my recliner and watch MKR then Who Do You Think You Are...
~
Cheers - Joolz xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Joolz! Have just been catching up on your blogs posts over the past week or so....you make me feel tired just reading about your efforts..love all your beautiful looking meals..they make me hungry! You have certainly been busy with your entertaining as well...you will need that holiday later in the year! Lovely posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stir fry looks amazing! I will definitely have to try that one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were very busy! Quite a well deserved rest :)
    Cheers Judy xx

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.