Friday, November 15, 2013

Happy dance !!!

I have located the ingredients and quantities for Regina's French sticks (no knead bread)!  I was having a look at my Blogger Reading List and her blog was listed - My Simple Life.  So I clicked on it and all her posts came up showing the first paragraph of each - the ingredients for the bread just happened to be there, but the whole post can't be viewed!  Happy dance!  I still wonder why the blog closed down....
~



Regina’s No Knead Bread Rolls

1 pkt dry yeast (7 gms)
1 tablespoon sugar
375-400 mls warm water
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon butter
600 gms plain flour

Combine yeast and 125mls of the water and stir until yeast is dissolved.  Add the sugar, salt, butter and the rest of the water and stir until all ingredients are well blended…..

Here’s where I lose the rest of the recipe but from memory I think it goes ….

Gradually incorporate the flour into the wet ingredients (or vice versa), only just bringing it together as a rough dough.  Don’t worry if it looks a bit raggy.  Remember, no kneading.

Turn it into a clean, greased bowl and allow to rise for 40 minutes.

Take it out and knead it just to bring it together smoothly.  Now divide into 12-14 balls of dough or into 3 for French stick loaves.

Using a rolling pin, roll each ball into an oblong then simply roll it up to form a small oblong roll.

Allow to rise for about 30 minutes on a baking paper lined tray then bake in a hot oven (about 200C) until golden (maybe 15 -20 minutes – you be the judge).

These are the best rolls ever!

I'm going home shortly to make a batch!  :)

Cheers - Joolz xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Joolz! Thanks for the visit! I loved seeing your cushion made with the cardigan sweater! I have seen some of these, and have in fact made one last winter. I used a vintage ski sweater that I got the thrift, and just loved it on the sofa at Christmas time!
    I am going to go poke around a bit at her blog!
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm so glad you found the ingredients. I think I will make these for Thanksgiving. (OMG! Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Kath! I made a batch last night and they were perfect so I am really happy! The recipe is printed off and filed in my recipe folder so it can never be lost!

      Cheers - Joolz xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Joolz, those rolls look great. I use to make bread loaves but have not been very successful with rolls. I am definitely a no-knead bread kind of gal. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.