Saturday, November 2, 2013

Pineapple chutney with chilli ...

 I recently bought this book from our book club that visits our office - only $10
~
 ~
 ~
 ~
 ~
 I liked the sound of the Pineapple Chutney with Chilli so I had a go making it.
~
 Peel, core and chop up a pineapple (I used 3 small halves - cost $5.20).  It's probably not the best time of year for pineapples in South Australia seeing as they are grown in Queensland and are more a summer crop I think.  Anyway, these didn't taste too bad.
~
 Gently fry off 2 onions...
~
 Add mustard seeds turmeric and ground ginger...
~
 also one clove of garlic and one red chilli...
 Add in the pineapple, sprig of rosemary, brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of honey and apple cider vinegar...
~
 Simmer away for 40 minutes...
~
until you have a yummy batch of chutney.  It only made 3 and a half jars but thats okay.  We plan to try it with some roast pork tomorrow night.
~
~
Cheers - Joolz xx

1 comment:

  1. wow this looks so yummy i will see if i can get this book Joolz.xx

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.