Sunday, February 8, 2015

Staying in the cool...and getting squidgy!

We had a hot one yesterday so I just shut all the curtains and stayed in, pottering.
~
After resolving my internet woes in Friday (that is another blog post entirely) I battled with slow internet speed all day. That was meant to be reinstated on Friday - man, was I fuming! I have gone through $20 worth of pre-paid iPad credit since last Saturday 1/2/15 - one week!
~
Anyhow, moving on ...
I made this date loaf - I have frozen it to take to my girls when we go next weekend.
~
Then I got thinking about a yummy cake I'd seen. A Squidgy Lemon Cake! Marie is a fantastic cook! 
~
This cake required Lemon butter (or curd) and I knew where to find a quick, simple recipe for that so ...
away I went!
Wendy at My Abundant Life told me that Cath had a recipe so I found that here - 
Don't ya just love bloggers - always passing on tips and recipes etc.
~
It was very quick and easy doing it in the microwave. So here it is - a full jar and in the little bowl, enough for the Squidgy cake.
~
Here is the cake batter with the lemon butter on top. It calls for orange zest to be added. The oranges I used were Valencia and the skins were quite green (this is normal and means they have seen plenty of sunshine). So the butter looks kind of green!
~
All swirled into the batter - yum!
~
The cake ready for frosting...
~
~

Tah dah! Frosted and ready to go! 
~

Oh, so goood!
 Give this one a try, you won't be disappointed!
Cheers - Joolz xx

3 comments:

  1. I love anything with lemon curd! I have been a real lemon kick lately having lemon Greek yogurt for breakfast. There are several brands, but my favorite is very tart which I like! At Easter I will make the special cake my mom made for my father's birthday - The Pineapple Lemon Refrigerator Cake which has a lemon-pineapple filling between the two layers of a yellow cake and is frosted with fresh whipped cream lightly sweetened!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my kind of cake! I like tang much more than chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joolz,
    A while since I dropped by. Thanks for the comment you left at my blog. It's the date loaf that looks and sounds good to me. I love cakes with lemon but my husband is not so keen. He knows straightaway if I try to sneak lemon juice or zest into a cake! Slow internet plus old computer is one of the reasons I can't blog as much as I would like to. Wireless is faster so been using my phone to upload photos and rearrange the layout on the computer. My husband has the NBN at work and it is super fast but not that reliable. Phones and internet went down for a good part of the day at his dealership the other week. Compensation is only given for more than 24 hour outages so you can imagine how frustrating it is for businesses! Hope you get your internet issues sorted out soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.