Saturday, October 5, 2013

No-Knead Bread - another recipe...

While surfing Alicia Paulson's delicious blog, Posie gets cozy, I found this recipe for no-knead bread. With hungry big kids in the house, I gave it a whirl!
~

This is a really different dough as you start off with a really wet mix (flour, milk, water, egg and oil) then add more flour to get a stiffer dough.
~
You just roughly mix the dough then leave to rise for 50 minutes.
~
I let mine rise in the sunny window in our family room....
~
It doubled in size, then I gave it a stir to knock it down. Then I put it in 2 loaf tins (although I think it would have gone into one for a bigger loaf) ...
~
and baked them for 35 minutes at 180C.
~
The loaves coloured up nicely ...
~
and it had a nice crumb. I think it will be lovely for toast tomorrow ... if there is any left!
~
I also made Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars (Brianna's favourite).  This recipe is from Barbara at Bless us O Lord so click here for that one.
~
Cheers - Joolz xx

2 comments:

  1. hi
    that bread looks good. thanks for the link. i think i will it try.
    wish you a nice weekend,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should start making bread as it does not last around here either. I like the no knead part. Must be getting lazier as I get older;-)
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.