Sunday, May 4, 2014

Ciabatta rolls and early Mother's Day...

Recently found a recipe for Ciabatta rolls at Life at Cobble Hill Farm. I made the starter (biga) yesterday and baked them this morning. The recipe can be found here, its a lovely blog.

http://www.lifeatcobblehillfarm.com/2014/04/ciabatta-rolls.html

The biga had formed a sort of crust overnight and when I broke through it, it was full of bubbles and smelled very yeasty. Next time, I might just add a tiny bit more water.

After mixing the biga and other ingredients in my stand mixer, the dough was left to prove again for 1-2 hours. When ready, I just tipped out the blob of dough onto my floured bench and pressed it out to a 12" x 6" rectangle then cut it as shown above.

Bake in a hot 220C oven until golden. Mine took a little longer than 15 minutes so just keep an eye on them.
They turned out great - we are making thin cut steak sandwiches for lunch with them.
Magnificent!

When my girls got up this morning they surprised me with early Mother's Day gifts. Beautiful flowers and...

a 'Mum' Pandora charm. I love it!

Sadly, they head home again after lunch, back to the city. Its been a quick, sweet visit!

Cheers - Joolz xx

 

4 comments:

  1. Those rolls look good, Joolz. It is freezing here in SE Qld and baking is very appealing at the moment. What a shame your girls are leaving but what a lovely gift they have given their mum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you liked the rolls and thank you so very much for linking to my blog - very sweet of you. What wonderful girls you have to surprise you so. It must make your heart happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our girls are our pride andoy and I'm happiest when we are all together like this weekend just past.

      Delete
  3. Cor yummo! I should make more of an effort and make fresh bread. I rather the Pandora charms.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.