Sunday, October 9, 2016

Apple Butter...

This is something new to me so when I found a recipe, I just had to try it.
These are pink lady apples from growers Lenswood, in the Adelaide hills. I know they're not new seasons apples but they are still crisp and sweet and my favourite apple.
After peeling and using my apple cutter/corer, I had the apples done in about 10 minutes.
~
In goes the brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and cloves (I didn't have nutmeg)...
Now, the waiting game as they cook down for 4 hours...
~
~
~
~
This was after 4 hours then I Bamixed it until smooth. Then I cooked it on low for a further 2 hours.
It is yummy! I will try it on some porridge or muesli but I think it will also be nice with roast pork. Its tangy and sweet but not too sweet.
Do you like my baby Bon Maman jars?
Cheers - Joolz xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.